Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Things I have learned and remembered



I just want to share my experience living in America with yall, things I have done and new things I have learned, I would like for you guys to see things through the eyes of a muslim-malay-malaysian-american, and learn from me what I have learned.

The clip I posted, is about American Muslims, and for those who has never lived outside of Malaysia or a Muslim country, this is exactly what it feels like. Being a Muslim is the best thing that can ever happen to a person, it is something to shout about, and something to be proud of.

As a Malay who has lived in Malaysia for a long time, I have forgotten what being a muslim is like, I have forgotten how to take pride in being a muslim, alhamdulillah, the things I have experienced here has taught me that Islam is precious, and it is something I shouldnt take for granted. I guess being born a Muslim, into a muslim family, raised in a Muslim country where Muslims are the majority has made me a Muslim by blood type of person, but Alhamdullillah, I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to grow up in America, and have been given a second chance to come back here and remind myself what being a muslim is all about.

No comments: